A group of judges accustomed to the intricacies of and challenges inherent in working with complex business cases founded the American College of Business Court Judges (ACBCJ) in October 2005. The ACBCJ develops education programs and seminars to equip business court judges from across the country with the knowledge and skills necessary to deal efficiently and professionally with the increasingly complex issues they confront during their public service. The Antonin Scalia Law School’s Law & Economics Center is proud to assist the ACBCJ with the planning and execution of its events.
Additionally, the ACBCJ offers:
- Access to business court judges who have been instrumental in establishing and/or expanding the business courts in their states;
- Access to judges who have drafted and promulgated rules, procedures and forms for use in business courts;
- Access to business court judges with experience in presiding over complex commercial matters and with the functioning of business courts;
- Access to leaders in the American Bar Association Business Law Section who have spearheaded the business court movement and who regularly consult with and monitor the progress of business courts around the country;
- Access to top-notch educational programs geared toward facilitating the work of business courts.
Applications for membership to the ACBCJ are accepted on a rolling basis, and are always welcome. To apply for annual membership, please download the application here and mail the completed form to ACBCJ Treasurer, Judge Christopher P. Yates, at the address on the form.
If you are a current member of the ACBCJ, please click here to register for the Fifteenth Annual Meeting of the American College of Business Court Judges.
Current ACBCJ Officers
|President||2019-2020||Joseph C. Iannazzone||GA|
|Vice President, Membership||2019-2020||Timothy Driscoll||NY|
|Vice President, Educational Director||2019-2020||Mark R. Denton||NV|
|Director Seat A||2019-2020||James Gale||NC|
|Director Seat B||2019-2020||Brian Stern||RI|
|Director Seat C||2019-2020||Linda Jamieson||NY|
|Director Seat D||2019-2020||Jerry Abrams||MN|
|Director Seat E||2019-2020||Heather Welch||IN|
|Director Seat F||2019-2020||Elihu Berle||CA|
|Liaison to National Center for State Courts||2019-2020||Jerry Abrams||MN|
Past Presidents Included on ACBCJ Board
Gail A. Andler
Leonard B. Austin
Allen S. Goldberg
Donald F. Parsons, Jr.
Steven I. Platt
Ben F. Tennille
Christine A. Ward