On October 2005, a group of judges working with complex business cases founded the American College of Business Court Judges (ACBCJ). With the assistance of the Law & Economics Center at the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, the ACBCJ develops programs and seminars to equip business court judges from around the country with the knowledge and skills necessary to deal efficiently and professionally with the increasingly complex issues they confront.
The ACBCJ offers:
- Access to business court judges who have been instrumental in establishing and/or expanding the business courts in their states;
- Access to judges who have drafted and promulgated rules, procedures and forms for use in business courts;
- Access to business court judges with experience in presiding over complex commercial matters and with the functioning of business courts;
- Access to leaders in the American Bar Association Business Law Section who have spearheaded the business court movement and who regularly consult with and monitor the progress of business courts around the country;
- Access to top-notch educational programs geared toward facilitating the work of business courts.
We welcome your application for annual membership in the American College of Business Court Judges. To apply, please complete the application here, and mail to Judge Joseph Iannazzone (Treasurer) at the address on the form.
Current ACBCJ Officers
|Immediate Past President||2015 – 2016||Betsy Gonzalez||NV|
|President||2016 – 2017||Stephen Schuster||GA|
|President-Elect||2016 – 2017|
|Vice-President||2014 – 2015||Clifton Newman||SC|
|Vice-President||2014 – 2015||Christine Ward||PA|
|Secretary||2014 – 2015||Mary Johnston||DE|
|Treasurer||2014 – 2015||Joseph Iannazzone||GA|
|Director Seat A||2014 – 2016||James Gale||NC|
|Director Seat B||2014 – 2016||Tim Driscoll||NY|
|Director Seat C||2015 – 2017||Denise Owens||MS|
|Director Seat D||2015 – 2017||Jerry Abrams||MN|
|Director Seat E||2013 – 2015||Chris Yates||MI|
|Director Seat F||2013 – 2015||Elihu M. Berle||CA|
ACBCJ Board Comprised of Past Presidents
Gail A. Andler
Leonard B. Austin
Allen S. Goldberg
Donald F. Parsons, Jr.
Steven I. Platt
Ben F. Tennille