Initially funded with a generous grant from The Searle Freedom Trust, the Searle Civil Justice Institute is proud to bear the Searle Family name. From 2010 to 2016, the SCJI provided analytically rigorous, balanced, peer reviewed research on the impact of laws and regulations on our nation’s free enterprise system.
These initiatives involved the collection of substantial amounts of data, statistical and econometric analyses, and production of public policy reports, and were subject to a balanced peer review process in accordance with the SCJI research protocol and reviewed by the SCJI Board of Overseers.
Criminalization of Corporate Behavior
- The Use of Non Prosecution Agreements and Deferred Prosecution Agreements (April 2015)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Enforcement
Law & Economics of the Civil Justice System
- Heightened Pleading Standards Under Twombly and Iqbal
- Third Party Financing of Litigation
- Arbitration vs. Litigation
- Litigation vs. Regulation
- Timing and Aspect of Daubert Motions in Federal District Courts: An Empirical Examination
State Consumer Protection Acts
- State Consumer Protection Acts: Costs to Consumers
- State Consumer Protection Acts: An Empirical Investigation of Private Litigation
- State Consumer Protection Acts: An Update on Trends